Accounting & Bookkeeping Technician
- CaseWare, Profile, Tax Cycle, Sage, QuickBooks, Excel and other related software programs as introduced.
- Understanding the various forms of business including corporate, proprietor, and partnerships including farm operations.
- Applied knowledge in bookkeeping, payroll, compilation, and interpreting financial data and statements.
- Team-based working environment practices.
- Dealing with deadlines in a constructive and professional manner to meet client needs.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsibility within the duties of the position includes data collection, preparation/drafting, and client support in the following areas:
BOOKKEEPING AND PAYROLL
- Receive client data and interact/support clients during preparation and follow-up.
- Input and preparation of records with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Prepare, file and/or assist with filing of information including T4’s, summaries and CRA filings.
- Monitor client files to meet deadlines including communicating with clients for information, clarification, and approvals.
- Copying, storing, filing, electronic storage and organizing electronic storage as required to maintain proper back-up and support.
- Communicating with CRA as required including filing matters, reviews and responding to queries.
- Communicate with clients as required including advising on payroll matters, filing matters, PD7 preparations, and payment matters.
- Utilizing Company applicable software programs.
- File preparation and data input.
- Preparation of spreadsheets from client information
- Reconciliations as required to support file work.
- Client support and follow up as required.
- Assist with receipt of information.
- Assist with printing and organizing forms and letters required for file completion.
- Organizing and monitoring assigned client files to meet deadlines.
- Communicating with clients as required to complete file matters, tasks and deadlines
- Assist with various CRA matters, CRA reviews and Appeals
- Copying, storing, filing, electronic storage and organizing electronic storage as required.
- Assist with data input/compilation and special bookkeeping or annual bookkeeping matters.
- Recording of information in the Company applicable software programs including corporate tax files.
- Assist with Authorizations as required and obtaining CRA and ATRA information and reports.
- Assist with/or preparation and filing of GST returns for bookkeeping clients and corporate YE clients.
- Preparing T4 slips and Summary filing and other payroll matters for non-bookkeeping clients.
- Assisting with T5 matters, preparation and/or filings
- Review/learn/remain up to date on current technical information to support the position and company clients.
- Identify and introduce efficiencies and better ways to manage data, client case files and processes.
- Assist and support Management as required including administrative
- Other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Human Resource Policies of the Company (Roger Arcand Professional Corporation Operating as Arcand Accounting) including, and with specific reference to the following policies:
Policy – HR 101: Confidential Information – Classification and Handling
Policy – HR 102: Employee Covenants